Medical volunteering in Canada is not difficult but this type of volunteering has many barriers. But these barriers are a good natural selection for volunteers because in the end, there are only those who really want to do it.
A hospital volunteer needs to pass a number of filters to get into a medical organization. For example, volunteers must check for infectious diseases; if volunteers go to a children’s hospital, they must have a certificate of vaccinations. These are objective barriers.
Most of the volunteers are girls between the ages of 19 and 24. This is a normal indicator since today women dominate among both volunteers and medical personnel in Canada.
What do medical volunteers get?
- Ability to help people and be useful to their country;
- New skills and competencies required for professional activities in the healthcare sector;
- Teamwork experience, ability to find compromises and solve problems;
- Bright acquaintances and reliable friends;
- Development of their talents and abilities;
- Participation in major All-Canadian forums and promotions.
How to volunteer
If you’re interested in volunteering at any hospital or organization, call the given phone numbers
- St. John’s Rehab (285 Cummer Ave, North York, ON M2M 2G1) – call +1 416-480-6100
- Holland Centre (43 Wellesley St E, Toronto, ON M4Y 1H1) – call +1 416-480-6100
- Veterans Centre (2075 Bayview Avenue Toronto, ON M4N 3M5) – call +1 416-480-6100
- Odette Cancer Centre (T-wing 2075 Bayview Avenue TG 260, Toronto, ON M4N 3M5) – call +1 416-480-6100
- Bayview Campus (2075 Bayview Avenue Toronto, ON, Canada, ON M4N 3M5) – call +1 416-480-6100
- Vaughan Regional Medical Center (1015 Medical Center Pkwy, Selma, AL 36701) – call 334 418-4100
- Mount Sinai Hospital (600 University Avenue Toronto, Ontario, M5G 1X5) – call 416-586-4800
- Alberta Health Services (Alberta Health Services Corporate Office- Seventh Street Plaza 14th Floor, North Tower 10030 – 107 Street NW Edmonton, Alberta T5J 3E4) – call 780-342-2000
- The Hospital for Sick Children (555 University Avenue Toronto, Ontario Canada M5G 1X8) – call 416-813-1500
- Operation Smile (375 University Ave., Suite 204 Toronto ON M5G 2J5) – call 647-696-0600
- Provincial Health Services Authority (4480 Oak Street Room 1H43 Vancouver, BC V6H 3V4) – call 604-875-2143