If you are feeling short of breath, are a present or past smoker, or have a known lung condition, we can help you. Our Registered Respiratory Therapist/Certified Respiratory Educator will work one-on-one with you to offer an educational session that provides you with the skills and knowledge on how to improve the management of your COPD so you can maintain and enjoy an improved quality of life.
Take this quick test:
- Cough regularly?
- Cough up phlegm regularly?
- Feel even simple chores make you short of breath?
- Wheeze when you exert yourself?
- Get many colds, and do your colds usually last longer than your friends’ colds?
If you answered ”Yes” to one or more of these questions, you may have symptoms of COPD. You can book an appointment to find out more.
Our Services Include:
- Group exercises
- Self management education
- Medication and healthy eating counselling
- Breathing tests
- Medication education
- Smoking cessation counselling
SUMMER 2017 PROGRAMS
COPD Maintenance Program
Location: VCHC Suite 206 – CDC Entrance
Date: Starting April 4, 2017
This program provides continued exercise support with low level fitness exercises for graduates of the COPD Pulmonary Rehabilitation program. The exercises include cardiovascular, resistance training and flexibility to help clients manage their COPD. For more information and registration please call 905-303-8490 Ext.2. Location VCHC Suite 206 – CDC Entrance.